Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

This is the 2020 Ford Mustang GT500 with DCT and a 2.65 liter Roots blower

Ford hit a home run here. No, a grand slam. While some of the big German makes are going away from the dual clutch transmission when paired with their big V8's Ford is for the first time in its history offering a Mustang with a dual clutch transmission.

Click here to enlarge

Not just any Mustang either, the most powerful Mustang ever produced. Final output is yet to be revealed but it will be well over 700 horsepower. The 5.2 liter V8 is a cross-plane crank design with a 2.65 liter Roots blower.

It will be a monster and we will likely see quadruple digit examples powered by the factory blower in the aftermarket.

This is not just a straightline beast either as it has a carbon aero package and carbon fiber wheels for the track. The rubber is R-Compound in the form of 20 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.

Click here to enlarge

The Track Package gives you an adjustable rear spoiler for maximum rear downforce.

No doubt there will be complaints about the GT500 being DCT only. Well, Porsche had those complaints with the 911 Turbo initially. Plus the GT350 exists for the purists. Ford solved this problem in a similar manner to Porsche with the GT350 being their GT3 and the GT500 is now clearly their Turbo.

The inclusion of the DCT can not be overstated for performance. This car is going to be a rocket easily running 10's stock and 9's with bolt ons. Finally the Americans pair their brute force with technological efficiency. There will not be a better bang for the buck performance car on the market.

So how much is it? No word yet. It's worth whatever they ask though.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If its 750hp that is 100hp more than the Camaro ZL1*and they both weigh about the same, 3,9XXlbs (*ZL1 10AT)

Hellcat weighs 400lbs more but has 40hp less so it would be an interesting race, I would still give the edge to the GT500

Can't wait to see comparo videos

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    If its 750hp that is 100hp more than the Camaro ZL1*and they both weigh about the same, 3,9XXlbs (*ZL1 10AT)

Hellcat weighs 400lbs more but has 40hp less so it would be an interesting race, I would still give the edge to the GT500

The GT500 is going to annihilate all of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

OOPS my mistake, the Hellcat weighs 400lbs more AND has 40hp less, so it will be destroyed

Will need a Demon to take down the GT500 (Stock for Stock)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am absolutely loving this thing:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanna see this against a Stage X E92 M3!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    I wanna see this against a Stage X E92 M3!
    Honestly all this car will need to top it is bolt ons.

It will start at around 135 trap speeds probably. Pulleys, exhaust, intake, and an ethanol tune and it's seeya.

Hell, they will probably have Procharger F1X conversions and then we're talking 1000+ rwhp on the stock internals and transmission.

This thing is nasty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know if you guys understand how truly epic this car is.

Electronic line lock, carbon fiber driveshaft, and no direct injection nonsense.

Redline just under 7500 rpm.

You can sneeze on the engine and make more power.

Preferable to a ZR1 IMO especially for the money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Last night on Grand Tour, the Hellcat, 1000hp version, destroys 700hp Mustang RTR more than a dozen times straight line which is no surprise. I never heard of RTR, looks like cool add-ons, their Spec 3. Mustang with launch control, even tho on a manual, took the lead a bit then just couldn't keep up.

This Spec 3 RTR was in the vid.

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/collections/spec-3
    Stock 991.2 C2 Manny. Project build https://www.boostaddict.com/showthre...arrera-project
    DD e90: MHD+JB4 tuned by Trebila.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Last night on Grand Tour, the Hellcat, 1000hp version, destroys 700hp Mustang RTR more than a dozen times straight line which is no surprise. I never heard of RTR, looks like cool add-ons, their Spec 3. Mustang with launch control, even tho on a manual, took the lead a bit then just couldn't keep up.

This Spec 3 RTR was in the vid.

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/collections/spec-3
    I think you mean the Hennessy Exorcist “destroyed” the Mustang in a straight line. The Mustang was a manual. The Exorcist was an auto that cost 2.5x the Mustang. ZL1 vs GT500, auto vs DCT, my money is on the GT500 all day. That same Exorcist lost to a stock Demon in a straight line. My guess is the Exorcist is a low 10s car. I bet the GT500 with drag radials isn’t far off that before any power modifications.

-Rich

Edit: looks like the Exorcist man be a mid 9s car. I stand corrected - going to take some modifications on the side of the new GT500 to hang.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    I stand corrected - going to take some modifications on the side of the new GT500 to hang.
    The GT500 will do 9's with bolt ons and I would expect it to not be far off a GT2 RS in a straight line stock.

I want one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Grabber Lime anyone?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let us see how well it puts the power down on the street and strip. I'm already way past tired of high horsepower RWD cars that can't put the power down unless they're running slicks on a "glued up" and prepped up drag strip in perfect weather! I wish this car came with the option of AWD.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
    Let us see how well it puts the power down on the street and strip. I'm already way past tired of high horsepower RWD cars that can't put the power down unless they're running slicks on a "glued up" and prepped up drag strip in perfect weather! I wish this car came with the option of AWD.
    Boring world where everything is all wheel drive. I wish it had 355’s in back rather than awd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you want a muscle car with AWD you just don’t understand muscle cars. Everything is AWD and turbocharged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @TT C6 is that you? Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zombie1 Click here to enlarge
    If you want a muscle car with AWD you just donít understand muscle cars. Everything is AWD and turbocharged.
    If I like the car, I like the car. I could care less if it's RWD, AWD, muscle car, sports car, or a sports sedan. What matters more to me is being able to put the power down to the ground on the street without having to run slicks on a prepped drag strip. Whether it's from a dig or highway pulls, I want to be able to put that power down! If you're only able to do so running slicks on a prepped drag strip, that narrows down it's capabilities and the car starts becoming a one trick pony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I like the car, I like the car. I could care less if it's RWD, AWD, muscle car, sports car, or a sports sedan. What matters more to me is being able to put the power down to the ground on the street without having to run slicks on a prepped drag strip. Whether it's from a dig or highway pulls, I want to be able to put that power down! If you're only able to do so running slicks on a prepped drag strip, that narrows down it's capabilities and the car starts becoming a one trick pony.
    You do know it’s a pony car, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    You do know itís a pony car, right?
    Yes, I do. However, just because it's a pony car does not mean that it should not be able to put it's power to the ground more effectively. It should not have to depend on running slicks on a prepped drag strip to be able to do so. Who knows, it might fair much better than other high powered pony cars. We'll see once the performance tests and reviews start coming in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky you are a DCT sellout lol.

So this or GT350? Honestly i would pick the GT350. I do agree though the GT500 is one impressive machine on paper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    on the awd rwd debate there are some rwd cars that have been engineered well enough to put power down on the rear on the unprepared street on stock tires, the Mercedes GT comes to mind, if they can do it, why can’t anyone else

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I do. However, just because it's a pony car does not mean that it should not be able to put it's power to the ground more effectively. It should not have to depend on running slicks on a prepped drag strip to be able to do so. Who knows, it might fair much better than other high powered pony cars. We'll see once the performance tests and reviews start coming in.
    It has 5 traction modes. I'm pretty sure technology can help here.

The 720S puts it power down incredibly well.

I'm sick of the solution being AWD. That's lazy.

Let's see what Ford did with the software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    Sticky you are a DCT sellout lol.

So this or GT350? Honestly i would pick the GT350. I do agree though the GT500 is one impressive machine on paper.
    I appreciate the engineering in the GT350 and for pure driving pleasure, yes, the GT350. But the GT350 with a DCT would be my ultimate choice.

So, yes, I'm a DCT sell out Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'll take mine in Gun Metallic with the carbon fiber package, with no stripes, and black leather interior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast