Close

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1121
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely manipulated. There's support around the $7800-8k price level, if we break lower through that we will retest $6k before bull run resumes IMO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone investing on Digibyte?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    Anyone investing on Digibyte?
    What is it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Received this from my Crypto Profit Trader:

I have some good news to kick off your week!

Starting on May 19 at 9:30 a.m. EDT, the Gemini exchange will start supporting privacy coin Zcash (ZEC)!

That means Gemini customers can start depositing Zcash as soon as this Saturday. Trading will then begin next Tuesday on May 22 — also at 9:30 a.m.

To give you a little background, the New York City-based platform was founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2015. The exchange allows investors to move from fiat to crypto, and it has increasingly become a competitor to Coinbase, Bitstamp and Kraken.

Zcash is now the third cryptocurrency listed on Gemini, next to Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). I can’t stress the significance of this.

For one, Gemini has been working with the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS) to achieve this status. With its recent approval, Gemini is now the first licensed Zcash exchange in the world.

That means the NYSDFS is the first regulatory agency to oversee Zcash. This is big. The NYSDFS has a BitLicense framework that’s considered one of the strictest regulatory systems for cryptos out there.

As you know, I’m not afraid of regulators moving into this space. Regulatory oversight is crucial for protecting customers and spurring more crypto projects — giving a boost to the overall market and our trades.

But here’s a more immediate result: Now investors won’t need to go through BTC to get Zcash. They can also use ETH and the U.S. dollar. This is an essential stepping stone to adopting Zcash as a fungible, tradeable cryptocurrency.

And you can already see this good news reflected in your portfolio.

The coin is up over 20% today, and I see more upside ahead. Congrats to everyone who’s been following this trade! I love when you get to see quick gains like this.

As always, I’ll continue to keep you updated on what’s coming next. For now, I’ll say this news means larger exchanges — such as Coinbase — will follow suit.

That’s all for now, but as a side note: Some of the largest crypto conferences are happening now. I’m attending some key events this week in New York, speaking with the top crypto influencers and thought leaders.

So I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that mini little bull run was fun while it lasted.

Damn why can't Bitcoin break out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It might at today's difficulty but as soon as a few of these machines start churning then difficulty will go up 10x and profits will drop 10x. Plus with more coins out there prices will crash further reducing profits. Pretty big risk IMHO.

Good thing i got rid of the X3's. After the Monero hardfork, they only mined Electroneum. Now ETN is set to hardfork as well tomorrow. Only $#@!coins left to mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm starting to think we're going to bein this bear market much longer than anyone thought.

Whatever I'm going to hold but until bitcoin tops $10k we aren't going to see a big run as too many people got burnt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm starting to think we're going to bein this bear market much longer than anyone thought.

Whatever I'm going to hold but until bitcoin tops $10k we aren't going to see a big run as too many people got burnt.
    I told you this would happen.

bad news as the sec has opened an investigation on market manipulation. Will see 5k before 10k. What is a shame is the bit coin is a tiny player in the market yet gets all the attention.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    I told you this would happen.

bad news as the sec has opened an investigation on market manipulation. Will see 5k before 10k. What is a shame is the bit coin is a tiny player in the market yet gets all the attention.
    it just feels like whatever Bitcoin does is what the market does. So we're pretty much dependent or at its mercy.

I'm not desperate so I will wait as long as it takes. I just wish I wasn't in such a hurry to buy and waited this all out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bitcoin dominates the Market cap. As such most altcoins follow in its foot steps as to how the market moves. As bitcoin keeps losing dominance we will start to see certain crypto pull ahead on their own steam and not be dictated by what BTC is doing but by their product/infrastructure/value, etc.

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was predicted months ago and talked about in this very thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    This was predicted months ago and talked about in this very thread.
    Yep but maybe it lasts even longer than predicted...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    it just feels like whatever Bitcoin does is what the market does. So we're pretty much dependent or at its mercy.

I'm not desperate so I will wait as long as it takes. I just wish I wasn't in such a hurry to buy and waited this all out.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IllSic_Design Click here to enlarge
    Bitcoin dominates the Market cap. As such most altcoins follow in its foot steps as to how the market moves. As bitcoin keeps losing dominance we will start to see certain crypto pull ahead on their own steam and not be dictated by what BTC is doing but by their product/infrastructure/value, etc.

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage
    There are multiple reasons for bitcoin "dictating" price and having the market move in similar fashion.

Something that is overlooked by most people holding crypto is the fact that there is LOTS of trading, day trading and of course cashing out going on every day. For traders using exchanges the main goal in trading is increasing your BTC "value" so you buy in on alt coins during a "dump" where dominance is up on BTC, then trade the alt coin back into BTC during a "pump" while btc dominance is down and the alt coin has gained value in BTC.

Now for people cashing out, there are very few places which will trade fiat currency for an alt coin, so because of this 2 "sales" will take place, first you sell off the alt coin for BTC, then you cash out the BTC for fiat currency. This impacts the overall price of not only the alt coin but also BTC, both in similar fashion. The same can be said for buying bitcoin and buying altcoins, alt coins are typically bought with bitcoin which was also freshly purchased.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joe - Clayton was on CNBC this morning talking about the benefits of regulation due to the early stages crypto currencies are in....I am very bearish short term as a result.

Rather than sitting and waiting I think you have one of two options. (1) if you a bull you should be buying more at these depressed levels; (2) if you are a bear sell and get out. I believe taking no action is not the way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bear market is the best situation for us miners who have free electricity. We can mine large sums of coins without worrying about difficulty going up because for people paying electricity, this isn't worth it. And when prices are high, we have more coins to sell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Joe - Clayton was on CNBC this morning talking about the benefits of regulation due to the early stages crypto currencies are in....I am very bearish short term as a result.

Rather than sitting and waiting I think you have one of two options. (1) if you a bull you should be buying more at these depressed levels; (2) if you are a bear sell and get out. I believe taking no action is not the way to go.
    And Clayton is chairman of the SEC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bear market is the best situation for us miners who have free electricity. We can mine large sums of coins without worrying about difficulty going up because for people paying electricity, this isn't worth it. And when prices are high, we have more coins to sell.
    And how do you get free electricity?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And how do you get free electricity?
    Borrow it from your company lol
    They don’t even notice the extra 35 amps. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Borrow it from your company lol
    I pay the company electricity bill Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I pay the company electricity bill Click here to enlarge
    Not that you can do much with your standard 15 amp breaker circuit. These suckers consume lots of juice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with most of what you said here.

Bear market is not always the best market for miners. It does not specifically dictate the difficulty and when markets are busy mining can actually be more profitable as more miner fees are being paid out.

I'm gpu mining and paying for my own electricity. I make way more per month than what the electricity cost is, it's not even close.

Making around 35 usd per day on average and my monthly power cost is around 80-100 usd in extra power consumption.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by weebles Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with most of what you said here.

Bear market is not always the best market for miners. It does not specifically dictate the difficulty and when markets are busy mining can actually be more profitable as more miner fees are being paid out.

I'm gpu mining and paying for my own electricity. I make way more per month than what the electricity cost is, it's not even close.

Making around 35 usd per day on average and my monthly power cost is around 80-100 usd in extra power consumption.
    How its not better when Ethereum, Monero and Zcash difficulty is declining more and more? I’m getting %30 more Ethereum classic than i used to 3 months ago. %60 more coins when Monero in the same period as well. Not profit, just share. All is because the profit is not attracting as many people as before. On the subject of profit, my S9 ASIC miners usually make 180 dollars per month worth of BTC, and if i had to pay for electricity, my profit would be 80 dollars. 80 dollar profit needs a whole year to cover the expense of hardware. Compare it to 8 months ago when it could get it done in 2 months alone. All this and im only making %45 less coins, not the 85% that profit drop suggests.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh... bloodbath today.

Still holding strong but man it feels like it will be years before the ATH's are even approached let alone eclipsed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How its not better when Ethereum, Monero and Zcash difficulty is declining more and more? I’m getting %30 more Ethereum classic than i used to 3 months ago. %60 more coins when Monero in the same period as well. Not profit, just share. All is because the profit is not attracting as many people as before. On the subject of profit, my S9 ASIC miners usually make 180 dollars per month worth of BTC, and if i had to pay for electricity, my profit would be 80 dollars. 80 dollar profit needs a whole year to cover the expense of hardware. Compare it to 8 months ago when it could get it done in 2 months alone. All this and im only making %45 less coins, not the 85% that profit drop suggests.
    I agree, currently enjoying the lower difficulties.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm basically over it. Put one of my mining rigs for sale on craigslist. Seems like a good price but no bites, yet. I'll be keeping the 6 card server and the two extra cards I bought for my desktops churning away.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/sys/d...599707031.html
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast