Close

    • 2020/2021 Ford Bronco to have retro design with removable doors with 2-door and 4-door versions

      Ford had a dealer meeting in Florida last month where they shared details about the upcoming Bronco with their highest volume dealers. Unfortunately, there were no design leaks but the design is said to be retro inspired with angular shapes.


      Ok, vintage is in. That part sounds cool. As does the ability to remove the roof and doors making it clear Ford is targeting the Jeep Wrangler. There will also be two-door and four-door versions.

      Any details on the drivetrain? Nope. It better get a V8 option though.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2020/2021 Ford Bronco to have retro design with removable doors with 2-door and 4-door versions started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 10 Comments
      1. I6+TT=FTW's Avatar
        I6+TT=FTW -
        If what I've read is correct, it's based on the ranger. And since the new ranger only received their new turbo 4, my guess is they'll do the same with the new bronco.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
        If what I've read is correct, it's based on the ranger. And since the new ranger only received their new turbo 4, my guess is they'll do the same with the new bronco.
        I think you're correct but that may be the baby Bronco.

        They can't have both share the Ranger platform.
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        One of the dealers said they had high hopes for this and what they saw was two times better than even what they had hoped for. Should be pretty sweet!

        -Roch
      1. I6+TT=FTW's Avatar
        I6+TT=FTW -
        Didn't realize they planned on multiple different Broncos. Just thought 2 and 4 door.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
        Didn't realize they planned on multiple different Broncos. Just thought 2 and 4 door.
        Yeah, looks like Baby Bronco based on the Ranger and then I'm not sure what platform for the bigger once.

        Excited about this thing though!
      1. I6+TT=FTW's Avatar
        I6+TT=FTW -
        I had originally heard the new Bronco would be built on the same/similar chassis as the Ford Everest (Australian model) so maybe that's the basis for big bronco you're talking about.

        https://www.ford.com.au/suv/everest/

        But this new Everest kinda looks like a Ranger so Idk.
      1. I6+TT=FTW's Avatar
        I6+TT=FTW -
        https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...anger-details/

        So based on this the "baby" bronco will be based on the fwd focus chassis, so be something like a little Jeep Renegade. With that said I almost guarantee you will NEVER see a v8 in this new bronco. MAYBE a turbo v6 at some point but I'm betting it's going to get the 2.3l turbo 4 just like the ranger.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
        https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...anger-details/

        So based on this the "baby" bronco will be based on the fwd focus chassis, so be something like a little Jeep Renegade. With that said I almost guarantee you will NEVER see a v8 in this new bronco. MAYBE a turbo v6 at some point but I'm betting it's going to get the 2.3l turbo 4 just like the ranger.
        Boo. BOOOO
      1. I6+TT=FTW's Avatar
        I6+TT=FTW -
        Haha agreed. I think you/many people were hoping this bronco was going to be like an F-150/Raptor, but it's not. Keep in mind the old Broncos weren't based off/around the F-series trucks, but off the Ranger. We're looking at a Wrangler or Toyota FJ competitor and that's all. I'm still really excited either way, but not what many were hoping for.

        On a kinda unrelated side note, have you driven the new F-150 Ecoboost with that 10 speed? Holy $#@! that trans makes a HUGE difference! The truck feels LEGIT fast, and it's 5k lbs lol.

        And with a similar (maybe the same?) 10 speed trans in the new rangers, these little trucks could be actually fast and have plenty of aftermarket potential. Assuming the same applies to a new bronco.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
        And with a similar (maybe the same?) 10 speed trans in the new rangers, these little trucks could be actually fast and have plenty of aftermarket potential. Assuming the same applies to a new bronco.
        It should at the very least get the Ecoboost 3.5 V6...