Close

    • This is the 2020 Ford Mustang GT500 with DCT and a 2.65 liter Roots blower

      Ford hit a home run here. No, a grand slam. While some of the big German makes are going away from the dual clutch transmission when paired with their big V8's Ford is for the first time in its history offering a Mustang with a dual clutch transmission.


      Not just any Mustang either, the most powerful Mustang ever produced. Final output is yet to be revealed but it will be well over 700 horsepower. The 5.2 liter V8 is a cross-plane crank design with a 2.65 liter Roots blower.

      It will be a monster and we will likely see quadruple digit examples powered by the factory blower in the aftermarket.

      This is not just a straightline beast either as it has a carbon aero package and carbon fiber wheels for the track. The rubber is R-Compound in the form of 20 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.


      The Track Package gives you an adjustable rear spoiler for maximum rear downforce.

      No doubt there will be complaints about the GT500 being DCT only. Well, Porsche had those complaints with the 911 Turbo initially. Plus the GT350 exists for the purists. Ford solved this problem in a similar manner to Porsche with the GT350 being their GT3 and the GT500 is now clearly their Turbo.

      The inclusion of the DCT can not be overstated for performance. This car is going to be a rocket easily running 10's stock and 9's with bolt ons. Finally the Americans pair their brute force with technological efficiency. There will not be a better bang for the buck performance car on the market.

      So how much is it? No word yet. It's worth whatever they ask though.


















      This article was originally published in forum thread: This is the 2020 Ford Mustang GT500 with DCT and a 2.65 liter Roots blower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 39 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
        Yes, I do. However, just because it's a pony car does not mean that it should not be able to put it's power to the ground more effectively. It should not have to depend on running slicks on a prepped drag strip to be able to do so. Who knows, it might fair much better than other high powered pony cars. We'll see once the performance tests and reviews start coming in.
        It has 5 traction modes. I'm pretty sure technology can help here.

        The 720S puts it power down incredibly well.

        I'm sick of the solution being AWD. That's lazy.

        Let's see what Ford did with the software.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
        Sticky you are a DCT sellout lol.

        So this or GT350? Honestly i would pick the GT350. I do agree though the GT500 is one impressive machine on paper.
        I appreciate the engineering in the GT350 and for pure driving pleasure, yes, the GT350. But the GT350 with a DCT would be my ultimate choice.

        So, yes, I'm a DCT sell out Click here to enlarge
      1. Batman's Avatar
        Batman -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'll take mine in Gun Metallic with the carbon fiber package, with no stripes, and black leather interior.
      1. Batman's Avatar
        Batman -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It has 5 traction modes. I'm pretty sure technology can help here.

        The 720S puts it power down incredibly well.

        I'm sick of the solution being AWD. That's lazy.

        Let's see what Ford did with the software.
        Personally, my first choice in a car is always RWD but not at the cost of traction or being able to put the power down. I'd rather they go AWD than "cheap out" with their RWD. Spinning ain't winning. I hope the traction control system is something close to the sophistication of the traction control system in the Mclaren, that can put the power down.
        This car should weigh about the same as a stock Nissan GTR Premium. If I'm making 700+ hp with a DCT in this car, I should not have problems beating a stock Nissan GTR on the street in sunny, dry weather - even from a dig.
      1. Batman's Avatar
        Batman -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I appreciate the engineering in the GT350 and for pure driving pleasure, yes, the GT350. But the GT350 with a DCT would be my ultimate choice.

        So, yes, I'm a DCT sell out Click here to enlarge
        I won't mind a DCT. I just hope it's "over-built" from the factory and can handle substantial power upgrades without having to spend $10K upgrading the transmission.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
        I'll take mine in Gun Metallic with the carbon fiber package, with no stripes, and black leather interior.
        Red with white stripes for me or black with white stripes.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
        Personally, my first choice in a car is always RWD but not at the cost of traction or being able to put the power down. I'd rather they go AWD than "cheap out" with their RWD. Spinning ain't winning. I hope the traction control system is something close to the sophistication of the traction control system in the Mclaren, that can put the power down.
        This car should weigh about the same as a stock Nissan GTR Premium. If I'm making 700+ hp with a DCT in this car, I should not have problems beating a stock Nissan GTR on the street in sunny, dry weather - even from a dig.
        I simply disagree.

        The car has to be able to light its rear tires up and power on oversteer. It has to be a Mustang.

        I don't want another GTR. I want a GT500.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
        I won't mind a DCT. I just hope it's "over-built" from the factory and can handle substantial power upgrades without having to spend $10K upgrading the transmission.
        If they are pairing it to this monster motor, it's built to take a beating.
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Iconic silver for me with black stripes Click here to enlarge

        -Rich
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        This a GT350 but basically gives an idea of how I would do mine:

        Click here to enlarge

        Time for the M3 to go? Click here to enlarge
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Attachment 58338

        Iconic Silver with black stripes Click here to enlarge

        -Rich
      1. Batman's Avatar
        Batman -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        Boring world where everything is all wheel drive. I wish it had 355ís in back rather than awd.
        It's about going fast in all conditions (street, strip, road course, etc); not just being able to go fast in "special" conditions (prepped, glued, drag strip plus drag radials / slicks).
      1. Zombie1's Avatar
        Zombie1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This a GT350 but basically gives an idea of how I would do mine:


        Time for the M3 to go? Click here to enlarge
        give me the black with with matte black stripes with red pin stripes on them. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
        It's about going fast in all conditions (street, strip, road course, etc); not just being able to go fast in "special" conditions (prepped, glued, drag strip plus drag radials / slicks).
        Funny you should mention it as that's probably why the car has street, strip, and road course modes...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I'm having a very easy time talking myself into this car:

      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Sell the M3 and 911 and get this and a McLaren.

        -Rich
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        Sell the M3 and 911 and get this and a McLaren.

        -Rich
        Sell M3, get this, drive Porsche for a bit, sell it, get McLaren

        Then sit in my garage drooling all day
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Sell M3, get this, drive Porsche for a bit, sell it, get McLaren

        Then sit in my garage drooling all day
        Post lots of pictures/videos so I can drool too.

        -Rich